Allogene Therapeutics Publishes 2022 Annual Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report
“Last year, we took great pride in being one of the first companies of our size and in our industry to publish an ESG report as we look to make a difference for patients while being good corporate citizens,” said
The full ESG report is available on the Culture page and the Investor Relations section of the Company’s website.
Highlights of the ESG report describe Allogene’s commitment to:
- Improving Access to CAR T Therapy: Because of its off-the-shelf nature, allogeneic CAR T addresses the limitations of autologous CAR T therapies and other modalities and has the potential to treat dramatically more patients, across more cancer types and at earlier stages, faster and with greater convenience. In 2022, Allogene launched the industry’s first potentially pivotal Phase 2 allogeneic CAR T trial, treating patients with large B cell lymphoma with ALLO-501A, the Company’s lead anti-CD19 AlloCAR T product.
- Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Workplace: The Company is proud of the diversity of its workforce and strives to enable opportunity for underrepresented minorities. Allogene continues to stand by its diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) policy. Recruitment efforts are designed to attract candidates from underrepresented groups. Newly implemented interview practices safeguard against potential unconscious bias and Allogene recruiters are trained as Certified Diversity and Inclusion Recruiters.
- Retaining best-in-class talent: In 2022, the Company hired its first
Chief People Officer, a role aimed at attracting and retaining talent while cultivating team culture.
- Prioritizing Environmental Sustainability: In 2022, the Company’s state-of-the-art cell manufacturing facility, Cell Forge 1, earned LEED Gold certification in design and construction.
- Practicing Good Corporate Governance:
The Nominating & Corporate Governance Committee(NCGC) is responsible for ESG oversight and oversees Allogene’s ESG initiatives at the Board level. ESG was reviewed at each NCGC meeting in 2022.
Cautionary Note on Forward-Looking Statements
This press release and the ESG report contain forward-looking statements for purposes of the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The press release and ESG report may, in some cases, use terms such as "predicts," "believes," "potential," "proposed," "continue," "estimates," "anticipates," "expects," "plans," "intends," "may," "could," "might," "will," "should" or other words that convey uncertainty of future events or outcomes to identify these forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding intentions, beliefs, projections, outlook, analyses or current expectations concerning, among other things: the ability to develop and deliver allogeneic CAR T therapies for cancer and the potential benefits of AlloCAR T therapy, the ability to improve access to CAR T therapy, the ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace, the ability to further environmental sustainability, and the ability to effectively oversee and manage ESG matters. Various factors may cause differences between Allogene’s expectations and actual results as discussed in greater detail in Allogene’s filings with the
AlloCAR T™ is a trademark of
Allogene Media/Investor Contacts:
Chief Communications Officer
Source: Allogene Therapeutics, Inc.